Radio frequency identification (RFID) is an exciting, rapidly growing, multidisciplinary field with emerging technologies and applications. The 2012 IEEE International Conference on RFID is the premier conference for exchanging all technical RFID-related research. The conference attendance boasts an outstanding mix of practitioners and researchers from industry and academia and spans numerous disciplines. IEEE RFID 2012 is an opportunity to share timely research results in all areas of RFID technologies and their applications.
The 2012 IEEE International Conference on RFID is seeking original, high-impact research papers on important RFID-related topics. Papers will be selected based on clarity, originality, importance of the problem, technical merit, and the potential impact of the results. All papers will be rigorously reviewed through a double-blind review process by multiple active researchers in the field.
- Antennas & Propagation: Antenna theory and designs, channel measurements and modeling
- Applications & Software: RFID software, middleware, network applications, reports on the introduction and operational experience
of RFID applications (papers in this category must have a strong technical focus and address a research issue)
- Circuits, Devices & Interrogators: Low-power RFID circuit designs, energy harvesting, non-silicon and chipless RFID, interrogator architecture, detection, sensitivity, read rate optimizations, multiinterrogator coordination and interference
- Communication Protocols: Coding, modulation, anti-collision, and medium access schemes for RFID systems
- Localization: Performance bounds, novel system approaches, technologies, and algorithms
- Security & Privacy: Cryptographic protocols and privacy-enhancing techniques
- Sensors: Integration of sensors with RFID tags, including active, passive, or chipless mechanisms; RFID sensor modeling and analysis
- Others: If your topic does not fit one of the above groups or if you are unsure which topic to select, please contact the TPC Chair, Daniel Arnitz, at TPChair@ieee-rfid.org.
|Paper submissions due||December 11, 2011|
|Notifications of acceptance sent||January 27, 2012|
|Publication-ready versions uploaded||February 24, 2012|
|Conference dates||April 3-5, 2012|
Paper submissions must be anonymous, meaning all author and institutional affiliation must be removed from the submitted paper to support a double-blind review process. All submitted papers must follow the IEEE conference style guide (US letter) and be no more than 8 pages in length. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE conference proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®.
PLEASE NOTE: To be published in the IEEE RFID 2012 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate, and to present the paper at the conference. Registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for a single paper only.